As blender users become more familiar with the Material Node system, a lot of very cool Material Node setups are being created. Unfortunately, the greater majority of these setups are spread all over the net on various forums, threads and websites. Blenderart Magazine thinks it would be beneficial to the community to gather up as many of these wonderful setups (with the artists’ permission of course) as we can find, add a short ‘how to/description’ of how and why it works and bundle it all in a pdf format ‘Cookbook’.
In addition to gathering as many Node set-ups in one place as possible, it would allow users to quickly get the look they need without re-inventing the wheel, so to speak. It would also provide a valuable learning tool for users that are still struggling with the whole Node system.
The goal is that with greater understanding of this powerful system, more node set-ups would be created and shared among us all.A project of this scope and size could quickly become so large as to make a single download time consuming to obtain and impossible for dial up users. To that end I have two ideas for distribution of this cookbook:
- pdf chapters separated in logical categories for a smaller download size
- each category could be updated quickly and or a new pdf with additional nodes could be created
- a flash card based system (or more appropriately recipes cards) with the node set-up image on one side of the card and the description/how to on the reverse side
- recipe cards could be added as need with 1st sets bundled according to category and future releases in one download that could be added to your previous sets.
Preliminary categories (to be adjusted later as set-ups are submitted)
- Special Effects
We welcome any and all submissions, in fact the more that are submitted the better our cookbook will be. To submit a Node set-up please follow the following guidelines
- Node set-up must be an original creation by the person submitting it, please do not submit someone else’s Node set-up, as then I will have to track down the original artist to obtain permission
- please send a blend file containing your Node set-up, I will be taking all the screen shots to maintain a consistent look/size for the cookbook
- If you want to write the description/how to for your Node set-up, feel free to do so, otherwise I will be happy to take care of that myself.
Send all submissions to email@example.com , please put Node set-up in the subject line area.